Sunday, June 24, 2012

Togetherness

                                                                        Image Source: Google Images

I was waiting for you to come and hug me
But was never prepared for what's in store
Your arrival made me happy
But your ignorance was all I got
They say journey is all alone
Yet I refused to accept it
I remembered all the great days we had together
But at the end what is left are just memories
Even though we had fights
I was always enthusiastic to meet you
Even though time heals everything
It also makes you realize that you are all alone
And everything else is temporary
As the wait continues with little hope
I can only hold on to the memories of us being together.

Prashanth




14 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem man :) Great work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting on it, appreciate it...:)

      Delete
  2. I wouldn't let go of the memories either, no matter how one ends it all <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, No matter how it ends, we can't let go off the memories...:)

      Delete
  3. Treasuring those memories are always something to cherish about.... beautiful words there by you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irfanuddin, memories are the only thing we have when relationships fail.

      Delete
  4. "I can only hold on to the memories of us being together"...Loved each line of the poem...

    Regards
    village girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful poem Prashanth :) But as they say when situation changes, people adapt. Some on their own, some forcefully.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely define ..feelings on words

    ReplyDelete
  7. a perfect poem for a lovelorn soul.... another beautiful work from you... great... keep it up...

    ReplyDelete